• Six 6cm diameter rounds of light sponge cake, 5mm thick
• 115g dark chocolate
• 5 egg whites
• 50g caster sugar
• 300ml double cream, lightly whipped
• Brush the rounds of sponge lightly with a little brandy and place in the bottom of each of six 6cm round moulds.
• Place the chocolate in a bowl over hot water and let the chocolate melt, stirring constantly.
• Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks, fold in the sugar and then fold in the whipped cream. Fold this mixture into the chocolate.
• Spoon the resulting chocolate mousse into the moulds and place in the fridge for about two hours.