• 4 tablespoons water
• 200g caster sugar
• 8 egg yolks
• 200g chocolate
• 200ml double cream, chilled
• 6 tablespoons milk, chilled
• Mix water and sugar and cook to the fine thread stage (110°C/230°F)
• Place the 8 egg yolks in a bowl and pour the boiling syrup over them little by little whisking all the time. Continue to whisk until the mixture has cooled.
• Add 200g chocolate gently melted in a bain-marie.
• Whisk cream with the chilled milk until very firm.
• Blend the cream with the cooled mixture of egg and syrup and pour into a parfait mould.
• Leave in the freezer for at least 6 hours.