• 150g mascarpone cheese
• 100ml double cream
• 50ml milk
• ½ vanilla pod
• 2 eggs
• 60g caster sugar
• 50ml Baileys
• Coffee essence to taste
• Pour cream and milk into a saucepan. Split vanilla pod and scrape seeds into milk and cream. Bring up to boiling point.
• Combine the mascarpone cheese, eggs and sugar and whisk to a smooth consistency.
• Pour milk and cream over the egg mixture and whisk well. Mix in the Baileys and pass the mixture through a fine sieve.
• Add coffee essence until you reach the desired flavour.
• Pour into ramekins and place in a bain-marie and cook in a preheated oven to 160°C for about 40 minutes.
• When cooked let cool, then refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
• Just before serving, sprinkle the top of the brûlée lightly with caster sugar, glaze with gas burner.