• 2 whole eggs
• 4 egg yolks
• 250g caster sugar
• 170ml lemon juice (approx. 5 lemons)
• 3 tbsp passion fruit juice (approx. 5 passion fruit)
• 140g unsalted butter, cut into small dice
• Heat the oven to 170°C/ Gas mark 3
• Tip the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in to a large bowl and put this over a pan of gently simmering water. Whisk continuously until the mixture thickens and becomes mousse like. Add the fruit juices and passion fruit seeds and whisk again until it is thick. Gently whisk in the butter.
• Pour the mixture into a pre-baked sweet pastry tart shell and bake on the middle shelf until golden and just set – approximately 10 minutes.
• Serve warm or chilled with crème fraîche.