When I can afford it, I love this recipe with black truffles. Also great with ham. 4 portions
• ½ recipe of potato gnocchi dough*
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tbsp milk
• 175g soft St Maures goats cheese, broken into small pieces.
• Small bunch chives, half chopped and the rest into batons
• 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
1. Warm the milk in a sauté pan, add the goats cheese and let it melt gently to form a thick sauce. Grind in black pepper to taste.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook gnocchi and stir until they rise to the surface, then lift out with a slotted spoon and place into sauce.
3. Sprinkle in the chopped chives and toss the gnocchi around carefully, just to coat them in sauce.
4. Add the parmesan and a little of the cooking water if you think the sauce is a little thick. Sprinkle with batons of chive and serve immediately.